Everybody knows the wholesome benefits of hiking; a perfect combination of health, fun and adventure. With the raising temperature, many people starting retreating to mountain trails, seeking perfect escape and enjoy some time with nature. Hiking is a challenging activity that requires determination and positive attitude. This exercise boosts mood, improves heart health and strengthens the muscles. One should be physically and mentally fit to undertake hard exercise like hiking.
Benefits of Hiking
Hiking falls under aerobic activity that keeps your muscles moving and heart pumping. It helps in reducing the risk of heart strokes, attacks and disease, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and some cancers. It you are striving hard to burn down your calories, try hiking. It will not help you to burn calories but also help you to maintain or lose weight. It strengths and targets the calf muscles, quads, hamstrings and gluts for challenging exercises.
Hiking offers the opportunity to explore nature, opens the stress knots and stimulates the hormones which release feel-good chemical of endorphins and adrenaline to boost ones energy levels and mood.
Some other benefits of Hiking are as follows:
* Improves cardio-respiratory fitness (lungs, heart, blood vessels)
* Improves muscular strength
* Reduces the danger of type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure
* Reduces danger of triglycerides and high cholesterol
* Reduces danger of breast cancer and colon
* Slower the loss of bone density and increases density
* Better quality sleep and reduces depression
* Lower the probability of early death (according to a research, a physically active person has 40% less chances of early death)
* Controls weight and burns up to 370 calories an hour
Children involved in hiking activities get similar benefits including:
* Improvement in muscular and cardio-respiratory fitness
* Improved bone health
* Lower the chances of getting overweight
* Less possibility of developing type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and high blood pressure * * Reduces the risk of stress and depression
What else do we get?
Hiking exercises nearly every part of the body: butt, legs, knees, ankles, hips and arms, abdominals, neck and shoulders. According to health experts, hiking exercises one’s mind and body, and nourishes ones imagination. Apart from this, it makes our sharp and more alert.
How much time and activity will it take?
Health specialists state that just a 150 minute moderate-intensity aerobic exercise leads to numerous benefits. Only 2½ hours per week will help you gain perfect health and possibly a good figure. A ten to fifteen minutes hike each day will worth your every effort.go to the source http://scituate.wickedlocal.com/article/20141006/NEWS/141007783 for more information.
So, now you know! How beneficial a few minute hiking can be for you! That means no more long hours in gym or sauna. One can get healthy with the benefit of beautiful body through hiking. Fun, excitement, adventure and most of all the pleasure of spending time with nature, all one can get with hiking. Who could have thought, hiking can come with so much fun and benefits. Isn’t it!
Time to grab some fun, go hiking!